The Food and Wine Festival
The popular Food and Wine Festival at the Flower Show returns in 2013, bigger and better than ever. This "Festival Within A Festival" celebrates the food culture rich in tradition and award-winning chefs that Providence and Rhode Island have to offer. This year we're expanding to the Ballroom of the Fifth Floor in the Convention Center. Come upstairs to our Grand Tasting each afternoon. In addition, our Theatre Kitchen will again feature celebrity chefs headlined by Sara Moulton, Claire Criscuolo, Bob Burke, Walter Potenza, "The Barefoot Guy" Randy Arnold and other local and regional favorites in continuous demonstrations. Each hour a new chef, culinary artisan or wine personality will take the stage to dazzle foodies with new ideas and techniques. Johnson & Wales University will showcase its culinary educators including Frank Terranova host of "Cooking with Class" and other chef faculty members, many of whom were former chef-restaurateurs. Some of our chefs are also cookbook authors who will be signing their books in our on-site bookstore just steps away from the Food and Wine Festival.
The Food and Wine Festival at The Flower Show® celebrates the best that Providence and Rhode Island have to offer: a local food culture rich in tradition and award-winning chefs.
- 100 wines from all over the world featured in the expanded Food and Wine Festival area for tasting, sampling and pairing
- Larger Fifth Floor ballroom area
- Celebrated chefs, culinary professionals and winemakers
- Continuous cooking and pairing demonstrations in the Theatre Kitchen
- Sara Moulton, "Barefoot Guy" Randy Arnold, Claire Criscuolo, Johnson & Wales Chef Educators scheduled to participate
- ...and more!
All attendees of The Food And Wine Festival must be 21 or over.